Monday, July 16, 2012

Gourmet Burger Co.

I was so hungry for a burger as I had dreamed of one all day at work. I decided to finally try GBC, which is beside Wow! Sushi (really good sushi by the way).


I go and order the $6.95 Works burger, sans the sauteed onions and the tomato. It had lettuce, sauteed mushrooms, regular cheddar, bacon, and GBC sauce. I opted to add jalapenos and their garlic dijon mayo, and ordered it to go. Oh boy did my stomach beat me for that as it had to wait another 10 minutes before it got to feast.

oh the anticipation


I quickly unravelled it to discover:

beautiful.

Wow! A picture perfect burger even though it had been tossing and turning in my take out bag for a while. The patty looked thin at first, but the buns weren't thick either. It also somehow paired perfectly so that there was no extra beef or bun parts sticking out. Nothing about the burger was dry. Taste wise, the ratio I would have to say is perfect - it definitely made me a believer of thin patties again. My only concern was, where's the cheese? No wonder they called it "regular cheddar".

cheese is where?

I wish I had asked what GBC sauce is. I'm going to assume it was some kind of mayo because I couldn't really taste the dijon mayo, and I had this light creamy pinkish sauce that kept dripping out. Price is definitely better than decent compared to many of the other burger joints, which is quite a huge factor for me to be a repeat customer. I also liked their choice of garnishes. OH and guess what? I had their whole wheat bun! Now that's a first. You can view their full menu here. I'll be back....


1 comment:

  1. There's a GBC at yonge+eglinton!
    GBC sauce is a bunch of condiments blended together. I think it's ketchup, mustard, mayo, hotsauce, bbq sauce. I can't quite remember

    ReplyDelete